Hiking, cycling and climbing – get active while on your summer holiday, explore the natural surroundings in the mountains, head out on fantastic excursions with all the family or just relax – a summer in Filzmoos offers all that. Enjoy a holiday with all the family, with our special offers for children and for a holiday for parents – in the children’s and family hotel, the Filzmooserhof, all these requirements are met.
In the unique hiking region of Filzmoos you get to discover impressive flora and fauna in the mountains in Salzburger Land with all the family. Our hiking guides show you the loveliest natural viewing points in the region. For instance, you could scale the Dachstein Glacier and enjoy unforgettable views from our local mountain, the Bischofsmütze.
The unique mountain backdrop can also be enjoyed and wondered at while mountain biking or road biking. With over 500 km of cycle paths, there is a route to suit everyone. In the Familienhotel Filzmooserhof we are happy to provide advice when it comes to finding the right route for you and your children.
Along with exciting hikes, the via ferrata routes around Filzmoos present an ideal challenge for real climbing aficionados. Tradition is also still very important in Filzmoos. Agricultural traditions and traditional festivals; be here when the region reveals its traditional side at harvest festival time and during Salzburg’s Alpine summer.
Not everyone is a real mountain fan. Organise your activity-based summer holiday in Filzmoos to suit your needs. Whether it is to Hohenwerfen Castle, to Krimml Waterfalls, to the World of Ice Giants in Werfen, enjoying archery and much more; around Filzmoos in Salzburger Land there is always something to see and exciting to do:
- Family spa Amadé in Altenmarkt: swimming fun for all the family
- Public indoor pool and football – fun court right next to the hotel
- 3-D archery in Ramsau
- Mountain biking in Filzmoos and around the Dachstein, 188 km and 4700 metres altitude
- Tours suitable for E-Bikes
- Tennis on the hotel’s own clay courts
- Pony rides at the paddock in front of the hotel
- Horse-riding in the neighbouring village of Ramsau, „Brandstätter“ and Zechmannhof&ldquo equestrian centres;
- Family rafting and Canyoning
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Golf in Radstadt
- Fly fishing
- Climbing for beginners and experts
- Segway tours
- Excursion destinations
There are of course also lots of little and big highlights in the children’s and family hotel, the Filzmooserhof. From the daily activity programme to guided tours and excursions as well as supervision for children for a few hours and a break for parents – browse our extensive offers in and around the Filzmooserhof and enjoy a holiday with your children.
- Daily activity programme for all ages
- Mountain bike tours (mountain bike hire in the hotel)
- Pony rides in the hotel’s own paddock area as part of the weekly programme
- Guided hiking and mountain tours
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Our own old-timer fire engine
- Horse-drawn carriage rides
- Excursions to Alpine inns
- Clay tennis court (rackets and balls available to hire)
- Taster climbing course, incl. equipment
- Guided Nordic Walking tours incl. Nordic Walking poles
- Golf courses nearby
While the little ones really get to let off steam in Filzy’s Kids’ Club during their summer holiday, parents get to relax with some beneficial massages, hot saunas and sessions in the steam bath. When the children need a little pause to catch their breath, our heated outdoor pool is ideal for splashing about with Mum and Dad; for a relaxing family holiday in the Familienhotel Filzmooserhof in Salzburger Land.